Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek lies in the Himalayan region of Uttarakhand. The 3 days trek covers a lot of beautiful places in Uttarakhand like Chopta, Deorital, Tungnath Shiva temple, Chandrashila peak (4000m). Chopta is a small hill station in Uttarakhand comprised of meadows and evergreen forest with treks & camping. Chopta is known for its beautiful sunsets.
Deoriatal is a very beautiful emerald lake situated amid dense forests of Rhododendron. Perched at an elevation of 2438 metres above sea level, Deoriatal offers a reflection of mighty Chaukhmaba peak in its crystal clear water. Tungnath or famously known as the Tungnath temple is a sacred temple dedicated to Lord Shiva located in the mountain ranges of the Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand. Perched at an astonishing elevation of 3680 metres above sea level, this temple is the highest Shiva temple in the world.
Chandrishila also known as the Moon Peak is the peak situated above the Tungnath Temple at an elevation of 4000 metres above sea level. One can view mighty Himalayan peaks from the summit point of Chandrishila peak namely Mt. Nanda Devi, Chaukhmaba Parvat, Kedar Dome, Bandarpoonch etc.
What is special about Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek?
- The trail being of easy grade, is suitable to every age group and people, as compared to other Himalayan treks
- As compared to summit treks of Uttarakhand, it is the most easily accessible trek
- It makes you reach, of Tungnath, The highest Shiva Temple in the world
- The trek offers a complete 360-degree view of mighty Himalayan peaks
- Achievement of summiting a Himalayan peak of 4000 metres without much stress.
- You can easily spot some great Himalayan birds during the trail, especially Monal, the National Bird of Nepal on the trails to Tungnath and Chandrishila. If you are lucky Himalayan Tahr can also be spotted at times
- This is few of the Himalayan Treks which is accessible throughout the year. Though from Dec to Feb the trek comes under moderate category due to heavy snow fall in the region
Things To carry on Trek (Basics Gears)
- Backpack & Rain Cover (40-60 Liters)
- Trekking Shoes
- LED Torch
- One Water Bottle (one litre)
- Basic Medications (or prescribed if any)
- Trekking Jacket
- Three (Five in winter) Warm Layers
- Two trek pants (one Wear and one carry)
- Two collared t-shirts
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- woolen sweater
- Sunscreens Lotion (SPF 50/70)
- Lip Balm (SPF 30)
- Sun cap/Normal Cap
- Synthetic hand gloves
- Five pair of Socks
- Plastic cover (for wet clothes)
Short Itinerary of CHOPTA TUNGNATH CHANDRSSHILLA TREK
- Day 01: Rishikesh to Chopta
- Day 02: Trek to Tungnath
- Day 3: Drive to Sari village and trek to Deorital, descend to Sari Village and drive to Haridwar
Rishikesh to Chopta
- Altitude: metres, 230 km drive, approx 08 hours
- Pick up from Rishikesh at 7:00 AM.
- Drive to Chopta from Rishikesh via Devprayag, Srinagar, Rudraprayag.
- Arrival at Chopta and accommodation will be in a Deluxe Camps
- Dinner and rest at camps followed by a quick introduction and briefing session with the tour leader
Day 2: Munsiyari to Bhujani
- Trek to Tungnath Temple after breakfast.
- The trail is of easy to moderate ascend. It generally takes 3-4 hours to reach the temple
- Ascend to Chandrashila Summit. Packed lunch at summit.
- Descend down to Chopta by evening. Enjoy the beautiful sunset from Chopta
- Overnight stay in the camps.
Day 3: Bhujani to Khaliya Top and back to Munsiyari
- Leave early from Chopta and drive to Sari village
- Hike for 2 hours towards Deorital
- Enjoy the reflection of mighty Chaukhamba peak on the lake.
- Descend down to Sari village by lunch
- Drive back to Rishikesh
- Stay :- Guest house, camping Tents accommodation (3 sharing Basis)
- Activity :- Trekking Games camping Bonfire with music at Basecamp
- Leaders & Guide :- Expert Trek Leader ,Guided and Supporting local team.
- Food :- Meals while on trek veg. Morning evening tea ,Snacks.
- Treking Equipments during the trek:- (Sleeping bags, Inner,Mattress, Kitchen tents, Dining tents toilet tents,Gatters, crampons)
- First Aid medical kits.
- All necessary forest permits camping charges.
- Transport:- we arrange shared taxis for trekkers from Kathgodam to lohajung and drop you back from lohajung .
Parsonal booking 7000/way max, bolero, eartica …and TT 9500/way
- Any kind of personal Expenses.(snacks mineral water etc.)
- Food During the transit.
- Last day breakfast not included.
- Any kind of Insurance.
- If u wish to offloding your bagpack you can give it to potter/mules.(Charges 300/bag/day).
- Unscheduled or extended stay due to road blocks…..
The cancellation policy is based on the original booking time and original start date of the trek.
- Cancel before 30 days of trek start date and get full refund after deduction of 1.99% payment processing fee.
- Cancel before 15 days of trek start date and get refund after deduction of 20% of total trek fee.
- Cancel before 10 days of trek start date and get refund after deduction of 40% of total trek fee.
- Cancel before 5 days of trek start date and get refund after deduction of 60% of total trek fee.
- Trek fee is non-refundable if you cancel within 4 days before trek start date.