Kedarnath Chopta Trek Overview
Kedarnath Chopta Trek, Kedarnath is a Hindu Temple dedicated to lord Shiva and is situated in the rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand. It is the most sacred temple of lord Shiva and is open for a limited period of six month only due to extream weather condition. The temple is not accessible by road and one has to trek a distance of 17 km starting from Gaurikund the temple was built by Pandavas and is one of the 12 Jyotirlinga the holiest Hindu shrines of lord Shiva.
CHOPTA TUNGNATH CHANDRASHILA in Kedarnath Chopta Trek
CHOPTA:- Chopta is a small hill station in uttarakhand comprised of meadows and evergreen forest with trek & camping chopta is known for its sunset beauty .
TUNGNATH:- Tungnath is famously known as the tungnath dedicated to lord Shiva this temple is the highest shiva temple in the world and highest among the other panch Kedar temple
CHANDRASHILLA:- Chandrashilla also known as the moon peak is the peak situated above the tungnath temple one can view mighty himalayan peaks from the summit point of chandrashilla peak namely .mt nanda devi ,chaukhambha,Bandarpunchh etc..
Highlights of Kedarnath Chopta Trek
- Region :- Uttarakhand (Rudraprayag)
- Duration :- 4Night/5Day
- Grade :- East to moderate
- Max Altitude :- 11800feet/13200feet
- Start point :- Haridwar
- End point :- Haridwar
- Air Port :- jolly grant airport Dehradun
- Best Season :- May to November
- Food: Meals while on trek (Veg.)
- Stay :- Guest house/Home stay/Camping
Short Itinerary of Kedarnath Chopta Trek
Day 1:- Haridwar to Guptakashi (220km/8hr)
Day 2:- Guptakashi to kedarnath(15+16km+/5hr)
Day 3:- Kedarnath to chopta(16+34km drive)
Day 4:- chopta to (Tungnath , chandrashilla) chopta
Day 5 :- chopta to haridwar (185km)/6hr
Things To carry on Trek (Basics Gears)
- Backpack & Rain Cover (40-60 Liters)
- Trekking Shoes
- LED Torch
- One Water Bottle (one litre)
- Basic Medications (or prescribed if any)
- Trekking Jacket
- Three (Five in winter) Warm Layers
- Two trek pants (one Wear and one carry)
- Two collared t-shirts
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- woolen sweater
- Sunscreens Lotion (SPF 50/70)
- Lip Balm (SPF 30)
- Sun cap/Normal Cap
- Synthetic hand gloves
- Five pair of Socks
- Plastic cover (for wet clothes)
Day 1: Haridwar to Guptakashi
Chek out from hotel after breakfast
Drive to Guptakashi from haridwar
Arival in hotel via evening chek in hotel n relax with evng tea
Dinner followed by rest in the hotel
Rout:- (Haridwar -Rishikesh – Devprayag – Srinagar – Rudraprayag – Augustmuni- Guptakashi)
Day 2: Guptakashi to Kedarnath
Wake up early and get ready for the Dham of the Lord Shiva. Kedarnath also known as the home of the Lord Shiva
take shuttle service from sonprayag to Gaurikund and start your trek then after
18km trek to kedarnath temple (you can also opt. For dilli ,pony, pitthu and helicopter on youn own)
Reach kedarnath and one can do to evening Darshanater taking some rest
Dinner and overnight stay at (hotel/camp/GNVM)
Rout :- Guptakashi – Sonprayag – gaurikund – Kedarnath
Day 3: Kedarnath to Chopta
Wake up early morning around 4:30 am and witness the Morning Darshan at morning you can go inside the garbhgrah and see the hump of bull
After Brekfast trek down from Kedarnath to Gaurikund and drive to chopta
Reach in the evening in Chopta camp and followed by dinner n rest
Day 4: Chopta to tungnath chandrashilla and back chopta camp
wake up early
Have brekfast and trek towards tungnath chandrashilla (6km)then trek down to chopta
Night stay at chopta same campsite/hotel
Day 5:- Chopta to haridwar
Leave for haridwar after Brekfast
Drive 183 km (via karnprayag , Srinagar, Devprayag)
Day 6:-Govindghat to Haridwar
Drive to haridwar following the same route.
Arrival at haridwar bt 8pm .so you may plan your further journey.
- Stay :- Guest house, camping Tents accommodation (3 sharing Basis)
- Leaders & Guide :- Expert Trek Leader ,Guided and Supporting local team.
- Food :- Meals while on trek veg. Morning evening tea ,Snacks.
- First Aid medical kits.
- All necessary forest permits camping charges.
- Transport:- we arrange shared taxis for trekkers from Haridwar to Haridwar
- Any kind of personal Expenses.(snacks mineral water etc.)
- Food During the transit.
- Any kind of Insurance.
- Unscheduled or extended stay due to road blocks…..
The cancellation policy is based on the original booking time and original start date of the trek.
- Cancel before 30 days of trek start date and get full refund after deduction of 1.99% payment processing fee.
- Cancel before 15 days of trek start date and get refund after deduction of 20% of total trek fee.
- Cancel before 10 days of trek start date and get refund after deduction of 40% of total trek fee.
- Cancel before 5 days of trek start date and get refund after deduction of 60% of total trek fee.
- Trek fee is non-refundable if you cancel within 4 days before trek start date.