ABOUT KUARI PASS TREK
Kuari Pass Trek is one of the oldest treks in the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand. In 1905 Lord Curzon, the then Viceroy of India, reached Kuari Pass and from then this trail is referred as The Lord Curzon’s Trail. This trail lies in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand. This trek is a top choice in the trekking community as it provides a stunning view of India’s 2nd and 3rd highest peak namely Mt. Nanda Devi and Mt. Kamet respectively.
A constant change in landscape makes it different from other Himalayan Treks. Apart from Nanda Devi and Kamet the peaks visible are Mt. Neelkanth, Mt. Dronagiri, Mt. Hathi Ghoda, Lampak I & II etc. Spanning over 6 days, this trek is of easy to moderate grade. The journey starts from Rishikesh till Joshimath, which serves as our base camp.
The trek commences from Dhak village which is 12 km above Joshimath. From Dhak, the trail opens up to cliff side villages, forests, open grassland and snow laden Himalayan Peaks in the background.
- Region :- Uttarakhand (Joshimath)
- Duration :- 5Night/6Day
- Grade :- moderate
- Max Altitude :- 12,200feet
- Start point :- Rishikesh
- End point :- Rishikesh
- Air Port :- jolly grant airport Dehradun
- Best Season :- Nov,Dec,jan,feb,march
- Food: Meals while on trek (Veg + egg.)
- Stay :- Guest house/Home stay/Camping
Things To carry on Trek (Basics Gears)
- Backpack & Rain Cover (40-60 Liters)
- Trekking Shoes
- LED Torch
- One Water Bottle (one litre)
- Basic Medications (or prescribed if any)
- Trekking Jacket
- Three (Five in winter) Warm Layers
- Two trek pants (one Wear and one carry)
- Two collared t-shirts
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- woolen sweater
- Sunscreens Lotion (SPF 50/70)
- Lip Balm (SPF 30)
- Sun cap/Normal Cap
- Synthetic hand gloves
- Five pair of Socks
- Plastic cover (for wet clothes)
Short Itinerary of Dayara Bugyal Trek
- Day 01: Rishikesh to Joshimath
- Day 02: Joshimath to Gulling Via Dhak
- Day 03: Trek to Khulara Camp site from Gulling
- Day 04: Trek to Kuari Pass and return to Khulara
- Day 05: Khulara to Auli Road head via Tali, Drive to Joshimath
- Day 06: Joshimath to Rishikesh
Rishikesh to Joshimath
Day 2: Joshimath to Gulling Via Dhak
Day 3: Gui Campsite to Dayara Bugyal and back to Gui Campsite.
Day 4: Kuari Pass and return to Khulara
Day 05: Khulara to Auli Road head via Tali, Drive to Joshimath
Day 06: Joshimath to Rishikesh
- Stay :- Guest house, camping Tents accommodation (3 sharing Basis)
- Activity :- Trekking Games camping Bonfire with music at Basecamp
- Leaders & Guide :- Expert Trek Leader ,Guided and Supporting local team.
- Food :- Meals while on trek veg. Morning evening tea ,Snacks.
- Treking Equipments during the trek:- (Sleeping bags, Inner,Mattress, Kitchen tents, Dining tents toilet tents,Gatters, crampons)
- First Aid medical kits.
- All necessary forest permits camping charges.
- Transport:- we arrange shared taxis for trekkers from Kathgodam to lohajung and drop you back from lohajung .
Parsonal booking 7000/way max, bolero, eartica …and TT 9500/way
- Any kind of personal Expenses.(snacks mineral water etc.)
- Food During the transit.
- Last day breakfast not included.
- Any kind of Insurance.
- If u wish to offloding your bagpack you can give it to potter/mules.(Charges 300/bag/day).
- Unscheduled or extended stay due to road blocks…..
The cancellation policy is based on the original booking time and original start date of the trek.
- Cancel before 30 days of trek start date and get full refund after deduction of 1.99% payment processing fee.
- Cancel before 15 days of trek start date and get refund after deduction of 20% of total trek fee.
- Cancel before 10 days of trek start date and get refund after deduction of 40% of total trek fee.
- Cancel before 5 days of trek start date and get refund after deduction of 60% of total trek fee.
- Trek fee is non-refundable if you cancel within 4 days before trek start date.