The Valley Of Flowers Trek is one of the most beautiful and mesmerizing national parks of the country, situated at an altitude of 3658 m in Bhyundar valley in Chamoli, Uttarakhand Himalays. It is famous for its wide variety of flora (Alpine flowers, Vajardanti,Marsh Marigold,Shomalap, etc) and fauna (Asiatic black deer, snow leopard, musk deer, red fox, brown bear, blue sheep, etc). Valley of flowers is a part of Nanda Devi Biosphere Zone with thick green forests, rivers, waterfalls and a wide variety of flora & fauna. It is an Indian national park and has also been declared as the WORLD HERITAGE SITE by UNESCO.
Valley of Flowers Trek goes through the dense forest and the trail is beside the Pushpawati river. On the way you will encounter many waterfalls, bridges and small water streams. The best time to visit Valley of flowers is from Mid-June to Mid September. It is famous for its natural beauty and the variety of flora it comprises. There are about 520 species of alpine plants and of which 498 are flowering plants. The beauty of the valley can not be captured by the camera, it can only be captured by the eyes and stored in your mind. It is a favorite destination for flower lovers, trekkers, photographers, botanist, bird watchers, nature lovers and wildlife lovers with Roopkund Heaven.
Highlights of Valley of Flowers
- Region :- Uttarakhand (chamoli)
- Duration :- 5Night/6Day
- Grade :- East to moderate
- Max Altitude :- 14,400feet
- Start point :- Haridwar
- End point :- Haridwar
- Air Port :- jolly grant airport Dehradun
- Best Season :- July and august when flower bloom
- Food: Meals while on trek (Veg.)
- Stay :- Guest house/Home stay/Camping
Short Itinerary of Valley of Flower Trek
Day 1:- Haridwar to Govindghat (290km/10hr)
Day 2:- Govindghat to Ghanghariya (4km drive +9 km trek)
Day 3:- Ghanghariya to Hemkund sahib (6km)
Day 4:- Ghanghariya to valley of flowers (4km)
Day 5 :- Ghanghariya to Govindghat (9km + 4 km drive)
Day 6:- Govindghat to Haridwar (290km)
Things To carry on Trek (Basics Gears)
- Backpack & Rain Cover (40-60 Liters)
- Trekking Shoes
- LED Torch
- One Water Bottle (one litre)
- Basic Medications (or prescribed if any)
- Trekking Jacket
- Three (Five in winter) Warm Layers
- Two trek pants (one Wear and one carry)
- Two collared t-shirts
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- woolen sweater
- Sunscreens Lotion (SPF 50/70)
- Lip Balm (SPF 30)
- Sun cap/Normal Cap
- Synthetic hand gloves
- Five pair of Socks
- Plastic cover (for wet clothes)
Day 1: Haridwar to Govindghat
Our journey will start from haridwar to joshimath we will picked up from haridwar At 6:00am .
we will reached govindghat around 6:00pm dinner and stay at hotel .
Day 2: Trek to Ghangaria via poolna after brekfast .
4km drive to poolna and then an easy ascend to Ghangaria
Reach Ghangaria after the climb and drop off your bags at the Hotel
Evening tea ,snacks and dinner at the hotel
Day 3: Ghangaria to Hemkund sahib.
6km Trek to Hemkund sahib after the breakfast the trail being easy to moderate
Arrival at the Gurudwara in Devote yourself in the peaceful aura of the Gurudwara and take a dip in Glacial lake and do visit the lokpal temple located in the Gurudwara.
Descend back to Ghangaria before 2pm due to unpredictable weather
Return to Ghangaria have evening tea and snacks and early dinner.
Day 4: Ghangaria to valley of flowers
After Brekfast head towards the valley of flower the world heritage site declared by UNESCO.
After taking pictures and packed lunch head back towards Ghangaria
Enjoying your dinner and stay at the hotel as your trek has been completed.
Day 5:- Ghangaria to Govindghat
After the breakfast head yourself towards Govindghat 9 km .
Lunch on the way
Arrival at hotel in govindghat followed by dinner
Day 6:-Govindghat to Haridwar
Drive to haridwar following the same route.
Arrival at haridwar bt 8pm .so you may plan your further journey.
- Stay :- Guest house, camping Tents accommodation (3 sharing Basis)
- Leaders & Guide :- Expert Trek Leader ,Guided and Supporting local team.
- Food :- Meals while on trek veg. Morning evening tea ,Snacks.
- First Aid medical kits.
- All necessary forest permits camping charges.
- Any kind of personal Expenses.(snacks mineral water etc.)
- Food During the transit.
- Any kind of Insurance.
- Unscheduled or extended stay due to road blocks…..
- Transport:- we can arrange shared taxis for trekkers from Haridwar to Haridwar
The cancellation policy is based on the original booking time and original start date of the trek.
- Cancel before 30 days of trek start date and get full refund after deduction of 1.99% payment processing fee.
- Cancel before 15 days of trek start date and get refund after deduction of 20% of total trek fee.
- Cancel before 10 days of trek start date and get refund after deduction of 40% of total trek fee.
- Cancel before 5 days of trek start date and get refund after deduction of 60% of total trek fee.
- Trek fee is non-refundable if you cancel within 4 days before trek start date.
Leave a Review