Perched amid towering peaks, Satopanth Lake Trek is the sacred lake lying at an elevation of 4303 meter near Chaukhamba massif’s base. Start the trek from last village “Mana” and the main attraction of this place is Vasundhara falls.
Trek to a phenomenal “Wish fulfilling Tal” “On this trek go through Laxmi Van which is a thick forest, reach the pristine Lake and spend time at the divine vicinity. Located at Chamoli distract in Uttarakhand.
Satopanth Lake is a High Altitude Lake at a height of 4350 Meter. It is one of the virgin treks not known by many but the trekker and Sadhu sant or local people of the area believe that this lake is sacred and possess some supernatural power of fulfilling wishes.
The Satopanth Lake is between two beguiling the trail is thrilling through dense forest, meadows with enchanted beauty and some steep ridges but the panorama views from the top cannot be described in words.
Trek to this sacred Tal is a difficult one but as the beliefs of people wishes are fulfilled here so it’s worth going there, this part of swargarohini the way to Heaven.
What is special about Satopanth Lake Trek?
- Satopanth Lake is a high altitude mountain trek Altitudes is 4350 meters
- The Starting trail is moderate as compare to other treks this is moderate trek. So this trek is good for beginners’ rekkers
- You got to see so many heavenly bodies at one place like the panoramic view of the Himalayan Ranges, you can see pine forests, different variety of flora and fauna surpassing through bona fide Garhwali Culture.
- eautiful camp sites
- The view on the way is mesmerizing
Highlights of Satopanth Lake Trek
- Region :- Uttarakhand (Chamoli)
- Duration :- 6Night/7Day
- Grade :- moderate
- Max Altitude :- 14,400feet ( 50km)
- Best Season :- Sept – Oct.
- Food: Meals while on trek (Veg + egg.)
- Stay :- Guest house/Home stay/Camping
- Starting point:- Badrinath to Badrinath
Things To carry on Trek (Basics Gears)
- Backpack & Rain Cover (40-60 Liters)
- Trekking Shoes
- LED Torch
- One Water Bottle (one litre)
- Basic Medications (or prescribed if any)
- Trekking Jacket
- Three (Five in winter) Warm Layers
- Two trek pants (one Wear and one carry)
- Two collared t-shirts
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- woolen sweater
- Sunscreens Lotion (SPF 50/70)
- Lip Balm (SPF 30)
- Sun cap/Normal Cap
- Synthetic hand gloves
- Five pair of Socks
- Plastic cover (for wet clothes)
Short Itinerary of Satopanth
- Day 1: Haridwar to Joshimath /Badrinath (290km)
- Day 02: Joshimath/Badrinath to Laxmivan, 8 Km Trek
- Day 3: Laxmivan to Chakratirth, 10 Km trek
- Day 4: Chakratirth to Satopanth, 05 Km trek
- Day 5: Chakratirth to Laxmivan, 10Km trek
- Day 6: Laxmivan to Badrinath via Mana, 10Km trek
- Day 7: joshimath to haridwar
Haridwar to Joshimath/Badrinath (290km)
Day 2: Joshimath/Badrinath to Laxmivan, 8 Km Trek
After breakfast travel to Mana village, from where the trek starts.
After a short trek you will get the sight of Vasundhara falls which lies opposite Alaknanda River’s bank.
Reach campsite in the afternoon.
Stay in the camps
Day 3: Laxmivan to Chakratirth, 10 Km trek
The trek is challenging today, head from Laxmi Van towards Chakratirth.
The ascent is sheer through scree and boulders to “Sahastradhara” which means “Thousand waterfalls”. After you climb up the valley this place offer views of Chaukhamba peaks, Balakun and Neelkanth.
Now, start the steep climb, then a short trek will lead you to Chakrateerth campsite.
Stay in the campsite
Day 4:Chakratirth to Satopanth, 05 Km trek
Start the trek early today because you will be crossing some tricky sections on the trail.
Ascent to the ridge’s high point and trek along the glacier to reach serene triangular “Satopanth Lake”. Get impressive views of Chaukhamba peaks and Neelkanth Mahadev.
The surroundings are beautiful, explore and relax there for some time.
Return to Chakratirth campsite and Stay in the camps.
Day 5: Chakratirth to Laxmivan, 10Km trek
Get back to Laxmivan, descending takes less time but be careful while the descent because some sections are tricky.
Reach Laxmivan by afternoon. Have meal here.
Stay in the camps.
Day 6: Laxmivan to Badrinath via Mana, 10Km trek
Descent towards Mana village and you can reach there in 3 hours.
From Mana the drive is towards Badrinath, arrangements will be made in a hotel there.
Evening going to badrinath ji darshan
Stay in hotel in Badrinath/joshimath
Day7: Joshimath to Haridwar
- Stay :- Guest house, camping Tents accommodation (3 sharing Basis)
- Activity :- Trekking Games camping Bonfire with music at Basecamp
- Leaders & Guide :- Expert Trek Leader ,Guided and Supporting local team.
- Food :- Meals while on trek veg. Morning evening tea ,Snacks.
- Treking Equipments during the trek:- (Sleeping bags, Inner,Mattress, Kitchen tents, Dining tents toilet tents,Gatters, crampons)
- First Aid medical kits.
- All necessary forest permits camping charges.
- Any kind of personal Expenses.(snacks mineral water etc.)
- Food During the transit.
- Mule or poter to carry personal luggage
- Any kind of Insurance.
- Unscheduled or extended stay due to road blocks…..
The cancellation policy is based on the original booking time and original start date of the trek.
- Cancel before 30 days of trek start date and get full refund after deduction of 1.99% payment processing fee.
- Cancel before 15 days of trek start date and get refund after deduction of 20% of total trek fee.
- Cancel before 10 days of trek start date and get refund after deduction of 40% of total trek fee.
- Cancel before 5 days of trek start date and get refund after deduction of 60% of total trek fee.
- Trek fee is non-refundable if you cancel within 4 days before trek start date.