Roopkund Trek is famous for unsolved mystery. it’s known as mysterys lake and it is most attractive for the human skeleton laying at the bottom of the lake. Roopkund Trek is situated Chamoli district in the garhwal Himalayas Uttarakhand.
Highlights of Roopkund Trek
- Region :- Uttarakhand (chamoli)
- Duration :- 7Night/8Day
- Grade :- Difficult
- Max Altitude :- 16000feet
- Trekking Km :- 52Kms
- Trail Type :- Round trail. The trek starts and ends at Lohajung
- Air Port :- jolly grant airport Dehradun
- Base Camp :- Lohajung(9 hrs drive from Kathgodam)
- Rail head :- Kathgodam is the nearest rail head to the base camp
- Atm :- Dewal has the last Atm poin before your trek beginning it’s advisable to withdraw money in Kathgodam.
- Best Season :- (April to June)(sep-oct)
- Food: Meals while on trek (Veg + Egg)
- Stay :- Guest house/Home stay/Camping
Things To carry on Trek (Basics Gears)
- Backpack & Rain Cover (40-60 Liters)
- Trekking Shoes
- LED Torch
- One Water Bottle (one litre)
- Basic Medications (or prescribed if any)
- Trekking Jacket
- Three (Five in winter) Warm Layers
- Two trek pants (one Wear and one carry)
- Two collared t-shirts
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- woolen sweater
- Sunscreens Lotion (SPF 50/70)
- Lip Balm (SPF 30)
- Sun cap/Normal Cap
- Synthetic hand gloves
- Five pair of Socks
- Plastic cover (for wet clothes)
Short Itinerary of Roopkund Trek
- Day 1:- Kathgodam to lohajung (210km/9hr)
- Day 2:- Lohajung to didna (6.5km)
- Day 3:- Didina to Ali bugyal (10.5km)
- Day 4:- Ali to Patar Nachauni (7km)
- Day 5 :- patar Nachauni to Bagwabasa (4km)
- Day 6:- Bagwabasa to back patar Nachauni via roopkund summit (10km)
- Day 7:- Patar Nachauni to lohajung 15km trek 13 km drive.
Day 1: Arrival at lohajung
Altitude: 7500 feet
210 km drive – approx 9 hours
Trekkers will be picked from Kathgodam railway station 6:30am in a Tata Sumo, Tempo traveller or a similar vehicle
Expected arrival time at lohajung – 5:00 pm
Rout:- (Kathgodam -bheemtal – Almora – kausani – Gwaldum – Dewal – Lohajung)
Day 2: Lohajung to didna village
Altitude: 7500 feet to 8100 feet
Trek :- 6.5km trek approx 5 hr
Reach didna befor lunch
Accommodation in village home stay / Camp.
Network is avalable
Day 3: Didna village to Ali
Altitude : 8,100 to 11300ft
Trek :- 10.5 km approx hours 7 hr.
Reach ali buggyal by late noon.Stay in tent
First half of is through oak and rhododendron forest and second half of the trek is through big Alpin meadows.
Day 4: Ali bugyal to Patar Nachauni via bedini bugyal
Altitude : 11,300 feet to 12,800
Accommodation in tent
Reach patar Nachauni befor lunch
Ali bugyal to bedine ascent 2km
Bedini bugyal to ghora lotani 4km
Ghora lotani to patar 1km descent
Day 5:- Patar Nachauni to Bhagwandas via kalu vinayak
Altitude: 12,800 feet to 14,100 feet
4 kms trek, approx 4 hours
Accommodation in tent
There will be snow on the trail in the month of May and June .sep Oct it will be rocky trail
Day 6:-Bagwabasa to (Roopkund summit ) Patar Nachauni
Altitude :- 14,100 feet to 15,750 feet.
Trek :- 10 km
Start your trek by 4:00am
Bhagwabasa to climb Roopkund 3km challenging day of the trek .carry energy bars, water n ors
Brekfast will be Roopkund top .
In May and June snow will be there but can’t see the skeleton
In aug sep Oct can see skeleton but no snow
Day 7:-Patar Nachauni to lohajung via (Bedini ,Ghaeroli , wan )
Trek :- 15km
Drive form wan to lohajung 13 km after trek stay at guest house
Day 8:-Lohajung to Kathgodam
You will be dropped at Kathgodam railway station .distance 210km 9 hr drive
Note :- on day you’ll reach Kathgodam between 6 pm to 7 pm .You can book your travel any time after 8 pm.
- Stay :- Guest house, camping Tents accommodation (3 sharing Basis)
- Activity :- Trekking Games camping Bonfire with music at Basecamp
- Leaders & Guide :- Expert Trek Leader ,Guided and Supporting local team.
- Food :- Meals while on trek veg. Morning evening tea ,Snacks.
- Treking Equipments during the trek:- (Sleeping bags, Inner,Mattress, Kitchen tents, Dining tents toilet tents,Gatters, crampons)
- First Aid medical kits.
- All necessary forest permits camping charges.
- Transport:- we arrange shared taxis for trekkers from Kathgodam to lohajung and drop you back from lohajung .
Parsonal booking 7000/way max, bolero, eartica …and TT 9500/way
- Any kind of personal Expenses.(snacks mineral water etc.)
- Food During the transit.
- Last day breakfast not included.
- Any kind of Insurance.
- If u wish to offloding your bagpack you can give it to potter/mules.(Charges 300/bag/day).
- Unscheduled or extended stay due to road blocks…..
The cancellation policy is based on the original booking time and original start date of the trek.
- Cancel before 30 days of trek start date and get full refund after deduction of 1.99% payment processing fee.
- Cancel before 15 days of trek start date and get refund after deduction of 20% of total trek fee.
- Cancel before 10 days of trek start date and get refund after deduction of 40% of total trek fee.
- Cancel before 5 days of trek start date and get refund after deduction of 60% of total trek fee.
- Trek fee is non-refundable if you cancel within 4 days before trek start date.